petek, 4. maj 2012

wk10.1

Helvetica
movie 2007

As I mentioned before, I went to high school for graphic design. We spent a lot of time designing magazines, our own fonts, catalogues, stamps, ... And I noticed, on the street, almost every single poster is made with Helvetica. We know gazillions and gazillions of other typefaces. Some are useless, some are just idiotic, some are okay, .. But just because Helvetica is one of the perfect font (it is beautiful), it is overused. Like someone said, it is neutral and has no expression whatsoever. I like fonts that has some kind of  personality, not just: Hi, I'm here. That's all. One of my favourite fonts are Calibri . It is simple, but when you see it, it shows some playfulness and organization at the same time. I use it almost every time, but I never forget about other fonts. Sometimes you need serif-fonts or chaos-fonts. What your assignment needs and it all depends on the designers taste.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar